2009 Ford Mustang GT500 Engine distruction and build! – Completed

Welcome to our blog. Over the past few weeks we’ve been working on this beautiful 2009 GT500. After checking out the car we found piston number 7 and 8 both to be broken. It appears that a cracked cold air intake is to blame. Unmetered air got in through the cracked intake and leaned it out enough to break a couple pistons. With the motor out of the car we can pull the heads and check out the damage. As you can see we noticed that both ring lands in 7 and 8 were broken and bounced around in the combustion chamber damaging the valves in #7. After checking out the severity of the damage the motor was picked up by JR Competition for a new build to feature Manley H-beam rods w/ ARP 2000 bolts, Manley Forged Coated pistons, ARP main studs, and ARP head studs. For the heads we are going to clean up the ports, replace bent valves, and a valve job. The engine was balance and blueprinted to spec by JR and Aaron. As you can see great care and time was taken on machining and assembling this motor as in the future this bad boy will feature a Whipple Supercharger sporting some serious boost! With the motor back from JR Competition it was ready for install. With the new motor in it’s time for break in and then it’ll be ready for tuning and then the strip! Be sure to check back when this bad boy gets the big Whipple it needs!

Advertisements

~ by renegademustangs on December 6, 2010.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: